Tara J. Licata Esq.
Tara J. Licata Esq.
Tara Licata is a Shareholder and Co-Owner at Licata & Yeremenko, and has been with the firm for over a decade. Tara spent her childhood and teenage years in Northern California, before moving to Southern California where she attended law school, passed the Bar and has been practicing law ever since. Tara earned her Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California Davis and her Juris Doctorate from Whittier Law School.
While in law school, Tara was a member of Law Review and received The Most Outstanding Member Award in her final year. Ms. Licata also received CALI awards for obtaining the highest grades in various classes including, Race, Racism and American Law and Constitutional Law.
From 2017 to 2019, Tara was nominated by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star. For the last four years in a row, from 2020 to 2023, Tara has been nominated as one of the top fifty attorneys in Southern California by Super Lawyers. In 2023, Tara was selected by Super Lawyers as one of the top fifty attorneys in Southern California.
In 2018, Tara obtained one of the top fifty court awards out of all practice areas of law in California. Although the firm does not practice appellate law, in 2019, Tara successfully drafted and argued an opposition on appeal in the Court of Appeals, Second Appellate District Division Six. The opinion was published and provides new precedent.
Tara has enthusiastically dedicated her career to representing individuals and advocating for and protecting their rights, whether in an employment context or otherwise. Tara’s parents instilled in her the value of hard work and taking pride in what one does, no matter the task or job. Tara continues to apply those values to her work and to life in general. When not working hard for her clients, Tara spends time with her husband Tom, their dogs Boomer and Violet, and their cats Bug, Sam, Dean and Opal. Tara’s favorite holiday is Halloween, and she enjoys watching scary movies - the scarier the better.
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Recipient of Dean’s Financial Scholarship
- Honors: CALI Award for Excellence in Property Law
- Honors: CALI Award for Excellence in Race, Racism and American Law
- Honors: CALI Award for Excellence in Constitutional Law II
- Honors: Most Outstanding Law Review Member Award
- University of California, Davis, California
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: English Literature
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Elder Abuse
- Business Torts
- Civil Rights
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017 - 2019
- Super Lawyers 2020- 2023
- Top Attorneys 2021
- California, 2009
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2013