We‘ve all had the experience of purchasing products that are defective. Whether online or at a local store, find out your product is not working can be very disappointing. It is a waste of money and time and even more so when you can’t return the product.
If you suffered as a result of a defective product, you should contact a California defective product attorney and figure out the best course of action for your specific situation. You will never know unless you ask. When you use a product that results in some kind of physical harm, you can hold the manufacturer or designer responsible for the damages, which include lost wages, medical costs, and pain and suffering.
Although most products seem safe that’s not always the case. But let’s take a look at some of the common defective products:
1. Toys: Children absolutely adore toys. They are very entertaining. But some toys can be dangerous. In fact, some defective toys have caused deaths and thousands of injuries to children. These injuries can be severe requiring hospitalization and ongoing medical treatment, which you may not be able to pay out of pocket.
2. Household appliances: These are also very important as they provide for our basic needs. But appliances can be unsafe too. Electrical appliances, for example, can cause electric shock.
3. Medication: Prescription medications should be safe but that’s not always the case. Sometimes drug manufacturers fail to test a drug or provide a warning. Some side effects and even death are possible.
4. Household items: Simple household items can cause injuries when they break. Whether that includes a chair, table, or kitchen utensil, you should make sure these items are safe to use.
5. Your vehicle: We rely on our cars to get to places. But auto manufacturers sometimes fail to make sure these vehicles meet all safety requirements. Consequently, if there is an auto part that’s defective, it can result in death or serious physical harm.
6. Beauty products: They say that beauty comes with a price but some beauty products can be too pricey, especially when it comes to your health.
California Statute Of Limitations For Product Liability Claims
Manufacturers should make safe and functional products. In product liability cases, holding the manufacturer accountable entails a series of steps. Is there a time limit to file your claim? You have a two-year limit if you are acting on behalf of your loved one’s death caused by someone else’s negligence when the product was manufactured. But you will need to prove your claim by showing there weren’t adequate safety instructions or warnings about the potential risks.
Negotiating On Your Behalf
We are here to listen to your concerns and make sure you get reimbursement and justice for all your losses. If a defective product has caused you harm, call us today and speak to one of our California product liability attorneys.