Attorneys For Product Liability Cases
If you have suffered an injury caused by a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, and your pain and suffering.
Our product liability lawyers at Licata & Yeremenko in Sherman Oaks, California, have years of experience and a successful track record representing clients who have been harmed as the result of defective products. We want you to call us regardless of whether you have suffered a relatively minor accident or a serious personal injury.
What Kind Of Products Can Be Defective?
At Licata & Yeremenko, our product liability lawyers in California have a thorough understanding of these cases. Products can become defective in a variety of ways, including:
- Design flaw: Products that are not thoroughly tested can experience significant design flaws that are dangerous and harmful to consumers.
- Manufacturing error: A well-designed product could be damaged or altered during the manufacturing process, thereby altering its safe design and creating a risk of harm to the consumer.
- Labeling problem: Consumers rely on product labeling to relay pertinent information about the product, including ingredients, instructions, warnings, etc. If the labeling or advertising is incorrect, misleading, or fails to provide adequate warnings of potential dangers associated with the use of the product, consumers can sustain severe injuries and/or illnesses.
All types of products can end up being defective or unsafe as a result of a faulty design, manufacturing defect, improper instructions or lack of warning about their use. Since our Los Angeles County law firm was founded in 2000, we have obtained favorable verdicts in cases involving dangerous products such as:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Clothing and other apparel
- Food and agricultural products
- Guns and firearms
- Industrial machinery and tools
- Medical devices and products
- Motor vehicles as well as tires, seatbelts, and airbags
- Recreational and playground equipment
- Tobacco/smoking products
What Kind Of Compensation Is Possible?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to a defective product, there may be different types of compensation available for your claim. At Licata & Yeremenko, our product liability lawyers are regularly able to help clients recover the following:
- Full coverage of their medical bills caused by the defective product
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work while they recover
- General household out-of-pocket expenses a victim incurs
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a company or manufacturer
The amount of compensation a defective product injury victim receives will vary depending on the circumstances related to their particular situation. No two cases are alike, and the compensation amount will depend on the severity of the injury or illness sustained, the level of a victim’s pain and suffering, the nature of the defect, whether or not the victim shared any liability for their own injury, and more.
How Long Do You Have To File A Product Liability Claim?
Victims harmed by defective products in California have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party. Under the California Code of Civil Procedure 335.1, we can see that product liability claims generally need to be filed within two years from the date the injury occurs. However, there are various exceptions to this product liability statute of limitations in California, so please speak with a skilled product liability lawyer for a free consultation regarding your potential case.
Wrongful Death Caused By Dangerous Products
If your loved one has died because of injuries caused by a dangerous product, you may be able to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. Contact our product liability attorneys today to discuss your case. You and your family may be entitled to compensation for lost financial support and emotional suffering.
Contact Our Product Liability Team For A Free Consultation
If you or somebody you care about has been injured or become ill due to a defective product, speak to an attorney as soon as possible. At Licata & Yeremenko, we pledge to thoroughly look into your potential case in order to provide you with the guidance that you need. Contact us through our website or call us at 818-783-5757.