Skilled Attorneys For Slip-And-Fall Cases
Slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents regularly lead to severe injuries that can keep a person from enjoying their everyday activities or from returning to work. We also know that slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accident victims often incur tremendous medical bills due to their injuries.
At Licata & Yeremenko, our attorneys are here to help if you need an attorney in Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County, Riverside County, and San Bernardino County areas. Our team will conduct a complete investigation into the incident, work to determine the liability of the property owner or other responsible parties and help secure full compensation for your losses.
How Do Slip-And-Fall And Trip-And-Fall Accidents Occur?
Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents occur in a wide variety of ways, and these incidents are often caused by the negligence of the property owners or their employees.
At Licata & Yeremenko, our team has experience helping clients who have been injured due to the following:
- Wet or uneven walking surfaces: The most common causes of slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents revolve around unsafe pedestrian walkway areas. This can include slip/trip-and-falls that occur due to:
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- Cluttered floors
- Moisture collection on the floor
- Loose floorboards
- Loose carpets or mats
- Defective or broken sidewalks
- Protruding tree roots
- Torn carpeting
- Low lying obstacles or cords
- Poorly maintained staircases
- Loose pavement or potholes in parking lots or crosswalks
- Improper staff training: If employees are not properly trained to recognize and remediate slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall hazards, this significantly increases hazards for guests or visitors.
- Failure to follow and document proper maintenance procedures: If the area at issue is not properly maintained, the chances of a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident significantly increase.
- Unsafe workplace conditions: Employees regularly sustain slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents while performing their job-related duties. Every employer is responsible for providing safe working conditions for their employees. The owner of the premises/job site may be liable as well.
How Long Do You Have To Bring A Lawsuit?
The California personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date the injury occurs. This gives a slip and fall accident victim a two-year window with which to file a claim against the alleged negligent property owner. However, claims brought against government entities (such as a county or city) may have a substantially shorter window – as short as six months from the date of the incident.
Call Our Slip-And-Fall Attorneys For Help Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a slip-and-fall accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of a property owner, contact the team at Licata & Yeremenko today. You can reach us by clicking here or calling us at 818-783-5757.