Workplace Sexual Harassment Attorneys
Being subjected to sexual harassment in the workplace remains a true and terrible reality for many Californians. Women and men can be victims, and if not stopped, the sexual harassment can be detrimental to their health and the ability to perform their work to the best of their ability.
At Licata & Yeremenko, our California sexual harassment attorneys are ready to fight for your rights and help to create a safer workplace, free from hostility and sexual harassment.
Sexual harassment In California
Workplace sexual harassment can take on many forms, some obvious, and others are more subtle. Some of the more common examples include:
- Sexually inappropriate comments, jokes, gestures, displays of sexually inappropriate pictures, videos, and/or other medium
- Repeated and undesired sexual advances and propositions, including asking the victim “out on a date” or asking about their relationship status
- Unwanted physical contact, including repeated intentional and/or “innocent” touching and/or violations of personal space
- Express and/or implied quid-pro-quo offers for employment advances/benefits in exchange for sexual favors
- Starting and/or perpetuating gossip/rumors about the victim’s relationships, sexual behavior, appearance, etc.
Thankfully, California law provides substantial protections to victims of sexual harassment so they do not have to tolerate the abusive environment. However, it is important to take prompt action in order to protect your right to a safe, hostile-free workplace, free from sexual hostility.
What To Do If You Are Experiencing Sexual Harassment In A California Workplace
There are a number of actions a person can take to combat workplace sexual harassment, including:
- Documenting everything that is happening to you to the best of your abilities – emails, text message, photographs, journals, etc. can be invaluable
- Informing and complaining to your manager, supervisor, and/or human resources and documenting those complaints in writing
- Checking and following company procedures for reporting harassment
- If the harassment is by a supervisor, inform his or her superiors and/or human resources and document in writing
- Cooperating with any internal investigation process and documenting the proceedings
- Promptly contacting law enforcement if personal safety is a concern
- Reaching out to a California workplace sexual harassment attorney
Had Enough? Licata & Yeremenko Is Ready To Help.
The attorneys at Licata & Yeremenko have extensive experience protecting the rights of workers across California. With an extensive history of fighting for what is right, we will do our best to fight for you and get you the justice that you deserve.