Are You A Victim Of Gender Discrimination?
Discrimination in the workplace should never occur. Unfortunately, workers in California are often subject to discriminatory practices based on various protected categories, including discrimination based on gender.
At Licata & Yeremenko, our team is here to help if you need a California gender discrimination attorney. We represent individuals in Los Angeles County, Orange County, Ventura County, Riverside County, and San Bernardino County areas. We are fierce advocates of those who have endured discrimination in the workplace, so let us get to work on your behalf today.
Gender Discrimination In The Workplace
The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) strictly prohibits discrimination based on an employee’s gender, gender expression, or gender identity. This includes discriminatory employment practices with regard to:
- Disciplinary actions
- Job assignments
- Layoff decisions
- Wage increases or decreases
- Fringe benefits
- Any other terms or conditions of employment
Gender Discrimination Can Affect The Workplace
There are various ways that gender discrimination can show up in California workplaces. For example, this type of discrimination can lead to the following:
- Unequal pay between genders: Traditionally, studies have shown that women make less on the dollar compared to their male counterparts in the same job. A disparity in compensation can also exist between the different genders and gender identities, resulting in unfair compensation for certain individuals.
- Unfair promotion and job position opportunities: The “glass ceiling” has long applied to women who have watched their male counterparts rise to better positions within a company. Unfortunately, individuals of all genders and gender identities may face similar struggles in the modern workplace.
- Harassment: Men, women, transgender individuals, and those with non-conforming gender identities often face various types of harassment in the workplace.
- Retaliation: Employees should never have to experience retaliation from employers because of their gender identity or biological gender. Retaliation often occurs in the form of termination, disciplinary actions, demotions, pay cuts, etc.
Call Our Gender Discrimination Attorneys Today
If you or somebody you love has experienced gender discrimination in the workplace in California, you need to reach out to the team at Licata & Yeremenko for help today. We have extensive experience handling employment law cases. Our role is to thoroughly investigate your claim and help you secure any compensation you may be entitled to for what happened. This can include:
- The recovery of past and future lost wages
- Coverage of your court costs and legal fees
- Emotional distress damages
- Possible reinstatement to a job (if applicable and desired)