Product liability is a civil suit under Personal Injury Law. If you are or a loved one has suffered an injury or death from a defective product reach out to our defective product attorneys in California. Our attorneys are skilled specifically in this kind of injury. We have the expertise and resources to ensure that you get fair compensation for the injury you received from the defective product.
Here are some famous recalls that you may not have known about, but really affected those who used them:
- Graco’s Harmony model of High chairs: 24 injuries were reported and in response around 1.2 million chairs were recalled. This is the third major child-safety recall to happen to Graco within 6 months. They also recalled a million strollers due to fingertip amputation and laceration hazards.
- Ford’s Cruise Control: In 2009 Ford Car company recalled around 14 million vehicles equaling the largest recall ever. The recall was because of faulty cruise-control switches that ignited and set around 550 vehicles on fire. This expanded recall too up to a decade to both recall and fix the situation.
- Thomas and Friends Wooden Railway Toys: RC2 Corp. was found to be manufacturing and selling toys that were painted with lead paint. This, of course, is dangerous for children and can cause serious health problems. The company recalled over 1.5 million toys.
- Baby Slings: Yet another baby product. This product was recalled because certain models were made out of a soft material, coupled with its “C” shape curve, pushed a baby’s head downward thus making it hard for them to breathe. This suffocation horror story leads to the company recalling million Infantino baby slings.
- Window Blades: One of the biggest recalls ever was the recall of Roman-style blinds. These blinds were fashionable and almost in every building and home. However, the loose cords are a strangulation hazard for children. This caused the over 50 million blinds to be recalled for a child safety hazards.
We are living in a time where technology supersedes most people’s ability to comprehend. There are so many versions of the I-phone that if you are just now entering the game then it can be really frustrating. The increase in technology has improved our ability to communicate and harbor relationships, but we are also really quick to trust anything. We are quick to buy the new device or product without really understanding how it works or how it can negatively affect us. Unfortunately, the only way we become aware that something is bad for us is when someone is injured or dies because of the product or device.
The product recalls are plenty. If you think that you are the only one then you probably aren’t. By reaching out to our defective product attorneys in California at Licata & Yeremenko, A Professional Law Corporation Law Firm, we can help assess your situation. Give us a call at 818-783-5757 or click here for more information on how we can help you.