We all use products. Every day we depend on products to enhance our look, get us to places, educate us, etc. We use products that we trust and can sometimes be loyal to a fault. When products are made we assume that creators and manufacturers create them with the utmost care. Because why wouldn’t they? Even though it’s not financially viable for manufacturers to create faulty products, it happens.
Here is a list of trusted products gone wrong:
- Tylenol Extra Strength: in 1982 several people died from taking contaminated pills. This lead to a $250 million recall.
- General Motor’s Ignition Switch: in 2014 the company spent $4.1 billion to recall its motor vehicles due to over 124 deaths. The cars would just shut off without warning.
- Samsung Galaxy 7: in 2016 the company spent $5.3 billion on recalling spontaneously combustible phones. Within the first two months of the phone’s launch, there were 96 reports of overheating and starting fires.
- Takata Airbags: from 2008 to the present, several car companies are still dealing with recalls of faulty airbags that do not inflate when they should. This defect has been linked to 20 deaths.
- Peanut Corp. of America: in 2009, nearly $1billion was spent on trying to clean up this salmonella outbreak that killed nine and hundreds severely ill. This recall sent the peanut butter industry into a downward spiral. Other companies survived, but this one went bankrupt and went out of business.
The common trait amongst all these products is that we use at least one of these every day. From making lunches for ourselves or loved ones to how we get to and from work. These products and many more are a part of our daily lives. We depend on their functionality. We depend on the care of the companies to get it right the first time.
What Happens When Something Goes Wrong?
If you are or a loved one has been injured due to a defective product then you need to reach out to our attorneys who specialize in this kind of law. Our defective product attorney in California at Licata & Yeremenko, A Professional Law Corporation has been serving folks in the area since 2000. Defective Product is a category under product liability which is under the concept of personal injury law. We are experts in the field and because we have such deep roots in the community we are very familiar with California law and local courts.
If you have experienced a personal injury due to a defective product call us at 818-783-5757 or click here. We firmly believe that until you get your just compensation we don’t get ours. Doing this tells you two things about our firm: 1. we have a deep incentive to win and 2. your success is our success. While you learn to cope with your injury, let us fight the battle for you. With a free consultation, we will ensure to get all the facts in order to give you the best legal counsel.